Duša Race (15. 6. 1988) is a researcher in the Lexicology Section of the Fran Ramovš Institute of the Slovenian Language. In her research work, she deals with language variation and style, especially from the perspective of labelling in general dictionaries.
She dedicates herself to the issue of modern display of dictionary content online for various users and participates in the visualisation of dictionary contents and other linguistic data published on the language portals Fran and Franček.
She participates in the preparation of eSSKJ: Dictionary of the Slovene Standard Language, 3rd edition, Growing Dictionary of the Slovenian Language and School Dictionary of the Slovenian Language. She is the technical co-editor of the journal Slovenski jezik / Slovene Linguistic Studies.
- language variation
Education, Academic and Scientific Titles
- 2021: PhD thesis: Colloquial Language: Types and Positions (in Slovene), Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
- 2015: MA thesis in Slovenian Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
- 2013: BA thesis in Slovenian Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
- 2016–: ZRC SAZU, Fran Ramovš Institute of the Slovenian Language
Work in Editorial Boards and Expert Commissions
- 2021–: Editorial Board of the portal Franček
eSSKJ: Slovar slovenskega knjižnega jezika 2016– (co-author)
2022: Šolski slovar slovenskega jezika (co-author)
2021: Building an educational language portal using existing dictionary data (co-author)
2021: Pogovorni jezik: Vrste in položaji (PhD thesis), Duša Race
2015: Problematika slovarskega označevanja sociolektov (MA thesis), Duša Race
2013: Pomenotvorni vidiki leksike s področja spleta (BA thesis), Duša Race